The International Tree-Ring Data Bank (ITRDB) is the world's largest archive of tree ring data, managed by NCDC's Paleoclimatology Branch and the World Data Center for Paleoclimatology. The ITRDB includes raw ring width, wood density, isotope measurements, and site growth index chronologies. Over 3,000 sites on six continents are included. Reconstructed climate parameters are also available for some areas.
Obtaining Data at the World Data Center
Tree Ring Search Engine
Search through tree ring studies using Investigator, Title, Location Name, Tree Species, and Latitude/Longitude bounds.
Google Earth Map
Locate and download tree ring studies using a Google Earth map interface. Google Earth must be installed to use this search tool.
Search All Paleoclimatology Data
A free text search of our entire study archive.
Other Data Archives
- Trieste 2008 Workshop Report on Tree Rings
- WSL Birmensdorf Worldwide Ringwidth and Density Data
- Drought Variability
- Reconstructed Climate Parameters
- International Multiproxy Paleofire Database
- Dendrochronology Program Library from University of Arizona Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- Lamont-Doherty Tree-Ring Lab Windows and Mac ARSTAN and More
- Introduction to Crossdating Created by Dr. Paul Sheppard
- University of Arizona Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- Cornell University Aegean Dendrochronology Project
- Dendrochronology Species Database
- Bibliography of Dendrochronology
- Multilingual Glossary of Dendrochronology
- Henri D. Grissino-Mayer's Ultimate Web Pages for Tree Rings and Tree-Ring Research
- Tom Levanic's Euro Catalogue, a Searchable Database of European Tree-Ring Chronologies
- Wood Anatomy of Central European Species